Introducing our Car Safety Belt...
Our Car Safety Belt is designed to secure your dog for safe travel in an automobile. While the tether prevents your dog from freely roaming throughout the car, it is fully adjustable to allow your dog to stand, sit, or lay comfortably without restriction.
The tether is not only to protect your pet while driving, it is also designed to eliminate driver distraction and keep your pet in one place at all times. Studies show that every 18 minutes a loose pet in a vehicle causes an accident. This is the tool to prevent that.
We have found tethers that are ONE SIZE FITS ALL DOGS. Safety is key and we found the smaller sizes were not as strong. This size works for all dogs. We particularly like the black one because it's reflective. The tether can be easily attached to your vehicle's existing hardware so no further installation is necessary.
Since the tether is designed to fit a number of different dog breeds, flexibility is a must to allow for a comfortable fit no matter what your dog’s size is. The tether is fully adjustable from 15" all the way up to 26" for all dogs giving them plenty of room to stretch or sit. Don’t leave your dog unrestrained any longer... get the Car Safety Belt today!
- Reduces driver distraction by preventing your pet from roaming.
- Prevents your dog from jumping out of the vehicle.
- Reflective so your dog is visible in the car at night
- The seat belt tether also works as a leash to ensure your dog is never out of your control when taking them in and out of the car.
- Tether allows your dog to sit, lie or stand comfortably.
- Adjustable from 12" to 26".
- Compatible with your existing seat belt hardware and secures into most seat belt buckles
Why Does Your Dog Need A Seat Belt?
Do not attach the tether to your dog’s collar as this can cause serious injury or even death in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Attach to a harness only for maximum protection.
We recommend you keep it adjusted to a tighter setting with room for your dog to be comfortable but not loose enough that your dog can't jump off of the seat.
Securing your dog in the car with a seat belt/tether can actually prevent accidents! Most dog/car accidents are caused by a dog that distracted the driver. Many dogs are like jumping beans in the car. They jump from seat to seat or they pace back and forth.
Even if your dog is calm, you might have to make a sudden stop or veer the car sharply, or a car honks and startles your dog, or that you are rear-ended. Now that mellow dog is anxious and scared and trying to get into your lap and you are already reacting to the stimulus If you are in an accident, and a rescuer opens your door to get you out - your loose dog is likely to run out of the car - and into traffic . . . or just away. This can be avoided, with a dog seat belt.
Police are now ticketing for having a loose dog in the car. Some states have specific animal tethering regulations for vehicles. Yet, police in any state can write a ticket for an untethered dog in the car under general 'Distracted Driver' or "Improperly Transporting An Animal" provisions.
Seat Belts Can Save Your Dog's Life!
In case of an accident, if your dog is wearing a properly fitted harness and seat belt/tether:
- They are prevented from being ejected from the vehicle. Even "low speed" accidents can result in a dog being propelled at 20 mph or more through a window or windshield.
- Restrained dogs cannot collide with humans in the force of an accident, which can cause serious injury to both humans and dogs.
- Restrained dogs are unable to dash out when a door is opened, preventing a lost dog. And this restraint removes any chance of the dog interfering with driving, tangling with police, or bolting in the event of an accident.
- The tether can be used as a leash, so your dog is never unsecured during the two seconds that you open the door that they love to jump out. This also saves their back from injury when they jump down.
- Length: Adjusts 15" to 26"
- Width: 1" Wide Nylon
- One Size Fits All Dogs!